Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Making a Spectacle of Myself



Hello blog!  I have missed you, but have been away for good reason.  Turns out the massive headaches  I've  my been getting are due to my need for reading glasses.   This is relatively good news (you know that I don't have a brain tumor or anything).  I feel like I've been keeping Walgreen's in business with my ibuprofen consumption.


Me in my fancy new glasses.

It took just over a week and now my new specs are here!  I'm so excited to have them, and grateful that Dion took the time to come help me pick them out!  During the time between finding the source of my headaches and actually receiving the remedy, I avoided computer use and reading outside of work.

I never knew I'd go through withdrawals.  I missed reading, and blogging, and surfing Pinterest in the evenings.  So, I have been cleaning. And organizing. And baking.  Now, my house is clean, I dropped off a bag each for Goodwill and library donations. And my pants are tight.

I'm so glad that I get to go home tonight and READ before bed!  I started reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier about a month ago and am only on about page 50.  Hopefully, that will be a much higher number by the end of the day.




Stay tuned for the recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Bread (Starbuck's copycat recipe) in an upcoming post...

No comments:

Post a Comment