Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chocolate Cinnamon Bread

Most Saturdays I meet my Bestie for chai at our local Starbuck's.  We often get a bite to eat and a beverage then wander around the store (our Starbuck's is conveniently located in Target).  

Lately one of their snack offerings has been Chocolate Cinnamon Bread.  This stuff is heavenly.  It should be for $2.25 a slice.  Naturally, I felt challenged to see if I could make this stuff at home.  By the power of the internet, I found a copycat recipe that another blogger had so kindly shared and Joey and I got to work.

We did make one change, and that is that we used regular cocoa powder because I couldn't find Dutch process cocoa at any of the stores I shop at.  It worked fine.

chocolate coma
Joey thought this was a good project.

"Mom, take a picture of my silly face!"

Here's what the pans look like when they go in the oven.  The recipe calls for coarse or sanding sugar in the topping, but I didn't have any of that either, so I omitted it as there was plenty of regular sugar involved.
                        

They rise up beautifully in the oven and if I had a longer attention span, I would have made sure to get a picture of the finished product.  If you click on the link at the top, it takes you to the cute blog where I found the recipe and she has really good pictures.

This stuff is guaranteed to fix even the mightiest of chocolate cravings. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment