Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Apple Picking with Grandpa

I love apple season.  The weather is still warm enough to be pleasant, but not hot enough to melt me into a puddle.  Last week, Natalie went to play at a friend's house and Joey really wanted to go see Grandpa Dennis and pick apples.  So, that's what we did.  Joey picked and picked.  And we got in a good visit too.  Matt's dad gets a real kick out of the kids and loves telling them all about flowers and trees and bugs and birds and anything else they can think of to ask him about.  

Grandpa helping Joey find an apple that dropped.

Joey showing us that he can do it all by himself.

Joey climbed up on the ATV with Grandpa.

After all this apple picking, my boy was pretty tired and fell asleep on the way home.  While he was napping and Natalie was still gone to her friend's, I peeled and chopped about 10 pounds of apples for applesauce.  By the time I was done, I had 4 quarts of cinnamon applesauce done up.  Not a ton by any means, but a respectable project for a Monday afternoon.  And my boy got some one on one time with his Grandpa out in the garden.  What more can one ask for?



No comments:

Post a Comment